Spencer finally got his other eye done. Woo hoo!
Last year I finally agreed that Spencer could get lasik surgery. He had been wanting it since his dad and sister got it. We were mentally prepared to spend up to $2,000 for this to be done and off he went for consults to find the best and cheapest place to have it done. After many visits Spencer found a couple of shady establishments that would do lasik on his astigmatism-ed, thin cornea-ed eyes with no reassurance that it would do much for him. Then he found one place that would do a proceedure called PRK which would cost $1,800/eye. Yikes! Are you kidding me? Plus the healing process can be long and painful, without having your eyes at their full potential for months. I was kind of relieved thinking it was now out of the question. Spencer still wanted to do it. After thinking about my sight and how blessed I have been to never have to wear glasses and him having to wear glasses or put in and take out contacts every day I thought he should have it done. So we decided to do one eye then and if it went well do one later. He got his second one done a few weeks ago and he's still healing but it's a relief that they're finally done.
No comments:
Post a Comment