Addie is pretty hilarious right now. I wish I could record all the cute and funny things she says and does all day but these few things that come to mind will have to do.
She loves washing her hands (read: playing in the bubbles and getting everything wet). As if that wasn't fun enough Spencer got her her own bright green foamy kids' soap. She loves it and calls it mushy. "Let's go get MUSHY!" she says, excitedly, like it's a big event. Here she is getting mushy:
-------------------------------------------------------
In my parents' motor home Addie was in the cab pointing and saying "It's-a stuck! It's-a stuck!"
Thinking she was pointing at the passenger seat I say: "Addie, what's stuck? Nothing's stuck."
Thinking she was pointing at the passenger seat I say: "Addie, what's stuck? Nothing's stuck."
A: It's-a stuck! It's-a stuck!
Me: Nothing's STUCK!
Repeat, repeat
A: MOM, It's a P U!
Then I finally get the idea and look through the window and sure enough, it's a skunk.
--------------------------------------------
Addie was chatting with her dad and picking her nose and Spencer kept telling her to stop.
Then she said "Hey look at that painting!" He looks over at the painting but can still see Addie starting to pick, and Spencer turns back toward her to tell her to stop picking her nose and she says "Keep looking!" (She has since tried employing this tactic while trying to get away with doing something naughty.)
-----------------------------------------------
While reading a sweet little pop-up book that says: "I love your round tickly tummy, I love your smile when you say yummy," I was letting Addie fill in the rhyming words. I know she knows how to correctly fill in the blanks. As I point to the baby hippo's tummy I read "I love your soft tickly __________ ," Addie gets a mischievous smile on her face "BUM-BUM!!"
------------------------------------------------
I love how she tells me, "Yo baby is SO TUTE!" or "He's so TINY" (Yes, we are still having pronoun problems, but isn't Tute and Tiny Tatum, such a darling nickname?)
------------------------------------------------
Me: [Not paying much attention to what Addie is doing with Tatum]
Addie: Yo baby's hair is YU-cky.
Me: It's just fuzzy. What's wrong with it?
Addie: [Points at a weird stuck-together strands of Tatum's hair]
Me: [Look closer and feel it] How did Tatum get wet?
Addie: [Giggles] His hair is yucky... [Lick...giggles]
Me: [Rolls eyes]
Addie: [Giggles] His hair is yucky... [Lick...giggles]
Me: [Rolls eyes]
Since that first time I have found evidence of Tatum's hair having been licked several times. I'm wondering if this is related to Addie's tendency to pretend to be a cat.
-------------------------------------------------
Me: "I think we forgot Pooh at Nana's."
Addie: The funny part about this is how she said it as if she was saying "Oh man..." or "that stinks," but instead she disappointedly said, "Oh Bologna..."
--------------------------------------------------
While driving into my mom and dad's subdivision Addie excitedly asks "Is this Nanaland?"
--------------------------------------------------
Addie has been all about the hundred acre wood lately. She carries around Pooh and Piglet, wants to watch her Pooh's Grand Adventure movie and read her WTP collection of books, which are daily carted all around the house, she has even taken up riding her little WTP push car again.
The other day we were in a restaurant with a high ceiling with all the exposed ducts and whatnots and she pointed up and said to her dad, "Can you bounce up there?" What did you say? "Dad, can you bounce up there, I said." Sadly, her dad does not have the super springy tail of a Tigger.
--------------------------------------------------
Every night after bedtime stories and being tucked in Addie will try to think of things to talk about to keep me in her room. The other night she pointed to the letters hanging on the wall that she knows spell her name and says, "What's that SPELL???"
"Addelyn."
"Oh. Did you paint it for me?"
"Yes, I painted them and glued paper on the front."
"Oh, how clever of you!"
(Again,this is something she picked up from Pooh's Grand Adventure.)
--------------------------------------------------
Every night after bedtime stories and being tucked in Addie will try to think of things to talk about to keep me in her room. The other night she pointed to the letters hanging on the wall that she knows spell her name and says, "What's that SPELL???"
"Addelyn."
"Oh. Did you paint it for me?"
"Yes, I painted them and glued paper on the front."
"Oh, how clever of you!"
(Again,this is something she picked up from Pooh's Grand Adventure.)
No comments:
Post a Comment