ood. I was not expecting much because it was produced by HARPO (Oprah's company) and everything else I have seen them produce the writing (plot and dialogue) has been horrendously craptacular and the acting even worse. BUT it stars Denzel Washington (who also directs) and Forest Whitaker so the acting was great.The score was lovely AND it's a BOATs (Based on a true story). I always like movies more when I expect them to be bad.Anyway it's the story of Melvin B. Tolson, a professor w
ho coached the debate team at Wiley College in Texas in the 1930's. I was expecting this film to be much like your run-of-the-mill segregated school sports movie that leaves you feeling good but you forget about 5 minutes later, but this film made me really appreciate Tolson and his students. I think people like the characters depicted in this film are the ones that led to and were the real heroes of the civil rights movement and I'm glad this movie will help them be honored and remembered. I know it made me want to find out what the real story was. If you've seen it let me know what you thought.
1 comment:
so did you like Remember the Titans? I'm guessing if you liked remember the titans, then I'll see about watching the Debaters...
I LOVED remember the Titans,
not just because I really like D.W.,
but I thought every actor did a superb job and it's one of the few movies I've ever ever watched more than once! I've actually lost track of how many times I've watched it...
Post a Comment