Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Moment

This was what I was waiting for. This is why I love watching the Olympics. I don't like to watch any other sports, except maybe high school football. This men's 4x100m relay rivals Kerri Strug's one foot landing: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=0811_HD_SWB_HL_L0194

5 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

I love the Olympics. For 2 weeks after the Olympics I am actually inspired to exercise and take care of myself. My goal is to extend it to 4 weeks this year...I am going for treadmill gold!

Morris Mama said...

That relay was the coolest thing I have ever seen! I threw the remote across the room when I saw that they won.

Anonymous said...

This comment has nothing to do with your blog post - it's selfish, okay?

Thanks for the link to that other blog. But, I was a little confused. Should I laugh? Is this for real? Why does she mispell words like mirror (meer) and post blogs as if she is in the midst of a instant chat dialogue? cuz = cause?
Oh, and why does she and her husband have four different names? First I thought it was one of those annoying blogs that a bunch of ladies do. If you are involved in one and the "annoying" comment bothers you. I apologize.
I didn't know what to think, but it was humorous.
Thanks!

Brooke said...

I've been glued to the Olympics too! I get so involved with the athletes, I kind of start feeling like it's me out there--or a brother or sister. Ellee's stayed up until after midnight several times lately so I can just see the end of the competition. Gratefully she'll sleep until 10 with no problems. She spoils me.

Bytheway...I love name suggestions. I really like flower names too and even some trees. But, Elliott and I seem to never both like the same one (or not on the same level of "like" it, ya know?) He's kind of random with his suggestions...he'll be like, "What about Maple?" And I'll say, "like the tree?" "No. I'm just eating maple syrup on my breakfast right now and thought of that name." So...I've had to inform him that finding various items in the room doesn't really count for thinking long and hard of names. :)

And, I appreciated your comment with the talking thing. Some people give me a really hard time about it and say it's my fault that she's not speaking in full sentences. That gets a little frustrating. So, it's always nice to hear someone not tell me I'm doing it all wrong. I figure at this point...and it's a selfish thing...I'd rather her poop in the toilet than speak full paragraphs. One thing at a time...that's what I tell myself. :) She'll talk eventually--I hope!

the Kevster said...

Randa, don't know if you remember me... Spencer and I used to be roommates on Monte St in Mesa. I was looking at other people in QC, and saw your blog! It looks like your family has grown since you and Spencer got married! Congrats!