Thursday, August 28, 2008

My celebration of Nie Nie Day

I have been keeping up with the progress of the couple, Stephanie and Christian Nielsen, that were in the plane crash near St. Johns, through Stephanie's sister cjane's blog.
I thought I should do something in honor of NieNie day since the whole bloggernacle is abuzz with auctions of wonderful vintage inspired treasures and tales of inspiration. I bid on a few things and then in honor of Stephanie I didn't beat Addelyn when she came into the den with no diaper on and poop on her foot. And I didn't feel angry as I was cleaning up her and her mess. Thanks Nie.

3 comments:

Morris Mama said...

I believe we both chose to celebrate the same way because Ella pooped in her diaper and ripped it off. I came out of my office to find it sitting on the floor by the t.v. and I did not beat Ella either. I wanted to bid on some items too but things are getting a bit rich for my blood. I'll keep shopping...

Shauna said...

I think that is great that you are remembering them.
I wasn't sure where to leave this comment. I appreciate your memory you had left on my blog and I wanted to leave one for you. I remember going thrift shopping and finding matching shirts to wear to dances. I remember dressing up for Halloween as Bert and Judge Judy. Sooo funny! I remember hanging out with you when you would come home from Ricks and loving every minute of it! I love how we helped eachother get through some tough boy drama! I always felt really loved and still do when I am around you!

I Am Boymom said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, I love your pics of Addelyn, she is such a sweetie. The poop thing...been there, but only a few times. Thanks for reminding me that there are other poeple out in the world who are really struggling with some serious trials. And thanks for reminding me to remember them. Did that make sense?