Sunday, November 23, 2008

What I've been up to Nov. 08 edition

We finished Spencer's class!! He got an A!!



Spencer taught me to make bread! Then I made it by myself! (I had made pizza dough and cinnamon rolls before but for some reason loaves of bread scared me.)



I stopped eating treats at home with a little motivation (including a start and stop date) from Celia! I think this is something I can stick to because it gives me enough leeway but eliminates my worst eating problems. I've been eating more salty stuff, but I figure chips and salsa or hummus OR veggies and dip has a bit more nutritional value than say... a half a pan of brownies.



1 month after choosing colors I have finally finished painting the family room. And when I say "I" I mean every inch was painted by me. without help from anyone, even my sweeeeet husband, who will soon be taking an extended and indefinite break from school, as we are both burned out, which should eliminate excuses for his not having time for "honey-dos."



Got my hair cut today. Short. So short it doesn't go into a ponytail anymore, which is good because if it can go into a ponytail it usually does. Anyway it was at the Nie day at Habit Salon. And coincidentally my stylist was a former roommate's sister. Small world right?



Today we took Addie to Cinderella at Hale Theater for her upcoming birthday. She liked it and sat and watched but wasn't as into it as she has been in past live performances. I think we'll stick to Queen Creek High plays. Then we went to eat "peet-tha" at Oregano's which we haven't been to since we were dating and/or newlyweds. It was good but not quite as delish as I remember.



Glad I wrote all this down or I might think I accomplished nothing this month. I should do this more often since, as you might be able to tell, my memory fades quickly.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

surely you are going to post your new paint job! congratulations on the A.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yea Randa! Good for you for sticking with the challenge. Just 2 more days of it!

word verification: savagge