Monday, November 24, 2008

I gotta wear shades

So I have these two nephews on missions. Their moms forward their emails. Even if everything else seems scary, and bad, and I'm uncomfortable with the administration-elect, there is still hope. In case you didn't know or maybe you forgot: There are NINETEEN year old boys that stop what their doing, put their plans on hold, and use their life saving to go to teach their beliefs to people they don't know because they believe they can bring them a message of happiness. They are optimistic. They sincerely love the people and they are happy. And did I mention that they are 19-year-old boys? I love them. They remind me that there is still good in the world.

4 comments:

~Emily~ said...

Every time I think about the missionaries that come over to teach my hubs it blows my mind. How many 19 year olds would give up their life for 2 years to teach perfect strangers about religion? It's nuts!!!

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

Good perspective RJ.. I forget which general authority it was that said the Gospel would be the saving force for the world not the gun or the sword... I like to think of those elders all over the world also. We know the gospel will go forth till it has filled every clime, sounded in every ear!
That's an awesome promise as well!
Love you,
Aunt Twi

I Am Boymom said...

Nice how Heavenly Father helps us put things in perspective. Thanks for the reminder that regardless of who's running the country, we know who's really running things, and THAT gives me hope.

PetersonFam4 said...

AMEN sister!