Thursday, April 9, 2009

The girl makes me laugh

**Addie loves singing "Donald" but she usually just requests we sing it and then she fills in the animal and the sound they make. When driving home from her Uncle Alex and Aunt May's house the other night Spencer told me how she filled in the blanks:

Spencer: Old MacDonald had a farm e-i-e-i-o, and on that farm he had a....
Addelyn: May and Alex
Spencer: E-i-e-i-o, with a.... what do they say??
Addelyn: "I hold you"


**She has also started crying and then she'll stop and in a mischievous voice, proudly say "I make sad."


**I tied a light blanket like a cape on her the other day because she was getting frustrated with trying to hold it on and hold all her babies (stuffed and plastic animals). Her eyes got wide and she said "I A KING!!!" It cracked me up because I didn't even know she knew about any kings, aside from Mufassa and Simba.

**She insists on holding everything, even if it is the diaper bag/purse that is about half her body weight.

**While we were driving around San Diego whenever Spencer would slam on the brakes bring the car to a stop quickly or anything Addie would touch everyone on the shoulder or arm and ask, "You okay (sounds like yokay), _______ ?" After going through Dad, Gramma, Papa, and Mama, she would say, "Yokay........?" then noticing she had checked on everyone, report, "Addie Okay."

**Conversation while getting Addie dressed:
Addie: SCAY-AWEE!!
Me: Pulling your shirt on over your head is scary?
Addie: That's right, mom.

**While flipping the light on and off: "[Sing-song voice] A thunny day-ay......[Gasp!] Dark night.... A thunny day-ay....."

**"Baby Fryin'!" Every time she hears anything that even sounds like a crying baby.

**She's very bossy. Her newest order is, "Leave it 'lone, mama." Mostly this applies to me touching her toys or whatnot and changing her diaper.

**She's been crossing her eyes for a month or 2, I think it's the best when she's being a leopard and growling with a scrunched up nose and lips in a snarl, but I have yet to capture that beast on film.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

addie--i have missed you. you are so funny.

T+C=N said...

Oh my gosh. BEST.PICTURE.EVER! I love it! hahah I want to see her do that sooo bad!

love_b said...

Too funny! I can't wait till Bella start's talking, I think it's so cute!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

what an absolute crack up. and that picture! hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

too cute!

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

She's a HOOT!!
and so are YOU!
Love to hear your little synopsis!
are you coming up to the Rothlisberger Reunion?

Michelle McClure said...

okay you will be so glad you documented all of this!!!