Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why Randa, what a lovely fetus you have!

At my last ultrasound the tech only measured the baby's head and told me it was a girl. She quickly checked a couple other things but it was like five minutes and she was not very communicative. Yesterday I finally had a thorough anatomy scan, or you know, the baby did. It was awesome and I'm just feeling relieved. I hoped that everything was good and tried to focus on and enjoy her strong kicks and push my fears away but I'm just very paranoid/pessimistic/skeptical. I know there can be other problems that ultrasounds don't detect but I just want to enjoy this peaceful buzz I'm having. The tech measured several parts of the brain and heart and checked the blood flow to each as well as the blood flow through the cord, checked and measured the stomach, kidneys, spine, femur, humerus and lots more things I couldn't identify. She found both hands and feet and I even saw an ear and fingers! Ahhhhh.... relief. I wish I could have one every day. Or once a week. Or once a month would do.

Left leg
This was the best shot she would show of her face. Most of the time she was nuzzling her face into crossed arms.