Thursday, April 16, 2009

San Diego '09

Spencer's Mom and Dad drove all night from NM to our house most of the way with a window that would not roll up. The next day we drove to CA. Addie was really good, even though she didn't sleep the whole way there. As soon as we got into town amongst the traffic, Addie looked over at the very small, Hispanic, mustached driver next to us in a tiny beat up truck and said, "ALEX!!"
The first day we were at San Diego it was raining in the morning, which was good because it kept the crowds away and the shows scarcely attended, but we bought ponchos at the park which pretty much negated our savings on the tickets. We talked about the 50% chance of rain the night before while we were at Target and even without the rain we should have thought to bring them for the splash zone seats at the shows and for the rides. Dumb.

Addie being cute


A whale


According to Addie this is a "sad hoess"


"A POLAH BAY-oh"




"A BODEE" (on a walrus)



"Booga Way-oh"




"Em-oh" & "Coookie Monstoo"



Addie loved these little Sesame street rides. As soon as she would get done with Elmo she would want the Eel/Oscar ride, back and forth. Her dad and Gramma were very obliging.



Who knew there were homeless people in Sea World? (Papa drying out)


"A Dophin"



"A Mattittee"

This bum shot was not pre-approved by Gramma but I think it's CUTE


" 'Mingos"

Gramma, Addie, Dad, Papa

A cool tree


Addie's first time to see the ocean

Brrrr...

Love that soft sand

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

i still laugh when i think about 'alex'.

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

How fun! I remember the first time I saw the ocean I was with Pat and Veld. I don't remember going anywhere with my Mom and Dad...
thank goodness for Pat and Veld.
First time Lacy saw the ocean she ran through the water squealing like a seagull. It was cold then too...Cory asked, does it ever get warm? I told him I think it does about Mid August, did I lie?