When I haven't done a post for a long while I feel as though I have to break the ice with the inter web. It feels strange. Anyway I have had a few inquiries as to how the pregnancy is going, what we have been up to and all that and now I am prepared to put your minds at ease.
Travelogue
Spencer, Addie and I went to our family reunion/ camping over memorial day weekend. After that Addie and I stayed at my mom and dad's for a few days and rode back to our home with them. After unpacking and regrouping for about 5 days we (Addie and I) went back up the mountain with my mom and dad, and stayed 3 nights and then my dad delivered us to NM to stay with my in-laws until Spencer came to pick us up about 2 weeks later. All the while I forgot my camera, so Mom, Cheryl, Shanna, Cyndee or anyone who might have a picture of us during the last couple of months please send them my way.
Anyway then we were home for about 2 weeks and then went back up to my mom's from the 3rd to the 8th.
Other than that I have been making stuff for Addie's new room, swimming/playing in sprinklers w/ Addie, and going to Dr.'s appointments and trying to avoid the heat as much as possible.
Pet Peeve
I hate when people say "...if you (really/stop to) think about it..." I find it so irritating and condescending. It makes the assumption that I have NOT thought about whatever the speaker might be saying. If you think you have an original insight just present your idea. Your audience will likely have thought the same way, never had that thought and think you're clever/intelligent/insightful, or completely disagree with you. That's it. Now don't start saying that to me all the time because you think you're funny. I won't laugh.
Thoughts on gestation
First of all I am a lucky gal. As with Addie, this pregnancy has been fairly easy comparatively speaking I think. I have had just the typical unavoidable things that come with pregnancy like lower back pain, exhaustion and having to pee constantly and for the last few weeks I have felt like my pelvis will surely just break in half but really no complications or sickness or swelling and my midwife believes that the baby is "not too big." I am still enjoying being kicked and punched from the inside and imagining what this little creature will be like.
She still has no name so if you have a name that you love, and are not using, that is not contrived, or overused please feel free to put it in the suggestion box (comments). Also bear in mind that nouns (Daisy, Rose, Rainbow, Ruby, Clover, Kat) tend to sound silly with our last name.
9 comments:
Hooray for an update!! I've been dying for a Randa fix.
Maybe people should say, "Once I really thought about it..." since I think that's really more accurate.
As for names, I've got lots that can go with your last name. I'd never thought of the noun conundrum. Funny. Looking at my genealogy (that's where I get most of my names. about half of these shared your last name) here are some I like but won't be using. Tessa, Lena, Maren, Miriam, Lois(a very common H. ancestor name, but not common otherwise), Sandra, Colleen.
I can't wait to hear your update when the baby comes!! 10 days for me!!!!! I just can't believe it's that close.
I've been wondering where you went and was going to try and track you down to find out:)! BTW, do you ever go on Facebook!
Glad to hear all is well with you and the baby. As far as baby names, I have none, bummer!
Just a little side note: Perhaps when people say that phrase they are just wording it wrong like me? I really don't mean "you" when I say something like that I mean "me" but I have a hard time wording what I really mean these days! Just wanted to shed another light on it:)! Hope you keep us up on your pregnancy!
Yay! You have been missed! As for girl names (yes, I know it's a noun) I have always loved the name Lilly. Dale doesn't like it so I would never use it. I think it sounds fine with your last name. Also love the name Liv or Livvy. Two more names that don't have approval.
Oh, I think Emma's a pretty good name too.
Madeline and call her maddie, hee!
Celia, I LOVE the name Maren but there are quite a few in the neighborhood, Tessa we both really like and is now on our short list.
Alys, I also love Liv and Livvy but I'm still hoping to have a little boy someday with the middle name Oliver so that's why that one is ruled out.
Oh good! I'm glad you liked Tessa. I usually seem to be in my own world when it comes to names.
I'm surprised there are lots of Marens in the neighborhood. I've only ever met 2 in my life and I've not heard of anyone naming their kid that recently. Too bad.
This was a fun read!
I love the name Lashell.
I know there's lots of them but I think they spell them differently..
I wish I had named Lacy
Lacy Lashell, but I was trying to save room for a "maiden" name on the geneology stuff....
Well, my girl names were very different from what most people thought we would choose, and we ended up having boys anyway, so I'll share. But they are definitely noun names.
Grace
Pearl
Calliope or Kalliope(Kuhl-eye-oh-pee) - name originates from Greek mythology: Calliope, daughter of Zeus, was chief of the Muses and mother of Orpheus. Her name, in Greek, means "beautiful voiced".
Missed you!
Post a Comment