Sunday, July 19, 2009

Projects on hold

So instead of nesting doing baby stuff I was mostly working on stuff for Addelyn's new room. Now we're all baby-centric and I've mostly stopped working on Addie's room so here are my unfinished projects. I'm hoping this post will give me some closure.


I made this quilt that took forever:


It has 56 blocks with about 8-11 pieces per block, my mom sewed 14 of the blocks and enveloped it and tied most of it by herself, as she is the tying queen and did about 4 rows to my 1. And my sister May embroidered it "Addelyn Faye 2009 Love, Mom."


About 1/3 of it as seen on Addie's bed. (I made it large for when she starts using a full sized bed.)

These are the letters I made to hang on ribbons, from pegs


on this awesome huge shelf that my BIL & SIL made

And here is the little valance I made:

that is supposed to be hanging from these cute knobs:


{THE END}

P.S. She's mostly adjusted to life in a big girl bed and hardly ever falls off anymore. Here she either only fell off half-way or fell asleep getting back on.

5 comments:

Cresta said...

I LOVE that quilt and the valance - hanging from the knobs is a great idea!! Nice job - you're so talented!

Jennifer said...

You are amazing! That picture of Addie is so sweet!

mad white woman said...

What a lovely quilt. We just recently moved Clara into a bed and I don't have a comforter for her because I want to make her a quilt. Poor girl probably won't have a real comforter until she leaves for college...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Awesome. That quilt is great. Good job for getting things done!

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

Thanks for posting again,
we've missed you!
Love all the stuff you did for Addie! She's a lucky one!
and what's the new baby's name?