Thursday, July 23, 2009

The first step

is, of course, recognizing you have a problem. And by you, of course, I mean me. I have a problem with road rage, exacerbated by the heat and pregnancy hormones. I thought I had it pretty much under control but realized that it is still an issue when we pulled into the Target parking lot, a woman in a car drove by and Addie says from the back seat, "Is that yo (your) dumb lady?" As she keeps repeating the question my mind goes back to a few days before when we were in the Target parking lot and I had used that expression. Ummm... "No Addie, there are no dumb ladies."
So I guess I'll work on that.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

funny.

When my niece was about 3 she busted out with "what does that guy think he's doing???" on the road. My brother said he was glad he didn't swear at bad drivers.

Dean's started saying "gosh" after I do. Luckily he has the "sh" sound down pretty well so it doesn't sound like anything else...

Brooke said...

How funny! Hearing your own phrases back can be so hilarious/embarrassing.

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

One day when we lived in Snowflake, Kayla and I had just left Show Low headed for Snowflake, after shopping for Reunion food/etc. Michael called on his cell phone to ask me to pick up oil for his motorcycle, which meant I had to turn around and head back to Show Low AGAIN. I growled at everybody for everything!! Then Kayla Said "Grandma, Do YOU like ANybody?" I had to shut up then!

I Am Boymom said...

My boys have often wondered why there are SO MANY BAD DRIVERS in Arizona!? I wonder why they think that?