Wednesday, July 29, 2009

T +4

The previous post was a Spencer post. I told him he could put whatever he wanted on the blog as long as he claimed it, which he didn't. So here is my late baby post.

This morning I woke up disappointed that I hadn't been awakened during the night by contractions or a gush of amniotic fluid. AGAIN. Last week, in anticipation of having a new nursing baby, I decided to do some fun Randa stuff while waiting for baby's arrival. I went to some of my favorite eateries: lunch w/ my sister Gaynell @ Olive Garden, lunch w/ Spencer @ Pita Jungle and dinner w/ my mom, Addie and Spencer @ Costa Vida. I also went to a movie (Harry Potter) w/ my niece Raenell and went to "My Sister's Keeper" w/ my mom, sisters May, Shellie, Gaynell and niece Kindsey. It passed the week well and also at home I was cleaning. I would tell myself "I better just do one more load of laundry (which would be a half-load mix of every shade)" or "vacuum one more time" before the baby comes and I wouldn't have to come home to that. Now I'm starting to not care if we come home to non-fresh sheets or a pile of laundry in our bedroom. I don't feel like watching movies or reading a book to make the time pass. I don't even want to talk about what you claim induced your labor. Because I've tried it. And if I haven't, I don't want to. I'm ready to meet this little girl and bring her home. I want to see her sweet face and pink body with all it's tiny parts. I want to smell her and nibble on her ears and cheeks and touch her soft skin and tickle her feet when she falls asleep nursing. I. am. ready.

FYI I have an appointment tomorrow for an ultrasound and fetal nonstress test and I guess that will determine how soon we schedule an induction. I would prefer that my body delivers when it's ready but my mind can't wait much longer.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I feel you pain, I had one 10 days after my due date and that is not a good time. Good luck at your Dr. appt. I'm thinking of you.

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

Bless your little heart.
Well I'm not sure that you have tried climbing the stairs all day long chasing after your two plus 5 of the Hatch kids. That's what I did the day Michael was born. He was EARLY! Of course I went snowmobile riding the day Lacy was born...Cory was the only baby I was sorta sedentary with. But I went to the Chiropractor every week and he was the EASY delivery.
Well there you have it, even though you didn't want it and so what I'm old and I say whatever I want to say and don't care if you delete it or not! Love ya Twi

Shauna said...

Your post was so sweet it made me tear up a bit. Those last few days are so hard, waiting and waiting. I know how you feel and I am really feeling for you. I hope she comes soon and I hope everything goes how you want it to go. I love you and think of you often.

Allison Johnson said...

I feel your pain. I was a week over with Rae, tried EVERYTHING to induce labor, and nothing worked. Even if you aren't pained, the mental aspect is the pits...you work yourself up to have your baby by the due date, and when it doesn't happen...insanity sets in! (In my opinion) Being induced isn't so bad as getting the crazies....

I Am Boymom said...

Oh Sweet Randa! So been there! both my boys were about a week overdue. I'll pray for that little girl to come quickly! By the way...I remember the coolest chick named Gaynell that worked at my chiropractor's office many moons ago. Did you sister work for Dr. Haggard? Is it the same Gaynell?