Monday, March 3, 2008

Movie MONDAY!!

Mother of Mine (Äideistä parhain) 2005





I watch alot of movies and this is one of the best I have seen in a long while. It's the story of one of the 70,000 Finnish children that were sent to Sweden during WWII. I hate to summarize the plot and build it up too much because I think that can ruin a film. Suffice it to say that it shows the relationship of the boy to his mom and to these new parents and gives a glimpse into what it might have been like for some of these children. And he was one of the "lucky" ones that actually got into a home instead of some orphanage. Excellent story, well written and wonderfully acted.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That sounds like a good book. I do better with books than movies. Do you know if there is a book version? If not, I guess I'd like to see the movie. Do you own it? Can I borrow it?

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Great idea Randa!!! I hope you keep this up, I am always wondering what movies are good to watch, I will have to rent this on my next order and keep checking in for your Monday referal!:)

love_b said...

oh my!! I'm glad that it was just a dream!!