I wrote this last Sunday and decided it was too close to my heart and too embarrassing for a couple of my readers to actually post but today I feel like posting it.
I can't go to one of my nieces and nephews events without bawling like a baby. I know I have nothing to do with their accomplishments and can't take an ounce of credit for any of their successes or character but I don't think they know how often I almost burst with pride. I don't know how I would be able to stand being one of their parents. I've been thinking alot about the older ones the last couple days and about just how awesome they are in just slaying everyday dragons and doing it so well.
I'm going to use initials to spare the innocent in this list of brags.
The main guy that I'm proud of this week is my nephew L who will soon be leaving on a 2 yr. mission. Not only is he a really good kid, he's funny and has the ability to make you feel comfortable. He never went through that nasty teenager phase where they look at you like you have three heads. He's also a totally sweet wake boarder.
My nephew C gave a talk in church Sunday and did a surprisingly good job, while looking so handsome and grown-up, despite being pretty terrified.
My nephew J and his sweet wife B had the cutest little baby in Feb. and they are such good parents already. J has always set such an awesome example, not only for his siblings but for all his cousins as well. I'm so grateful for that.
I think my niece Ch could be the next American Idol if she wanted to be. She's hilarious and fun and a crafting genius and she's always nice to laugh at my jokes. She has a talent for making friends because she is kind and genuine and people can't help but love her.
My niece C has held down a job while going to HS and college for at least 3 years (maybe longer) and I admire her so much for dealing with things that are too personal for my bla bla blog and still being such a good, sweet person. (Also she's going to be a nurse, which is a profession so selfless that one can't help but be grateful for and in awe of.)
I should stop there because, of course, I've gone and made myself cry but I have to mention 3 more of the old 'uns.
My nephew G is going to be some sort of brain surgeon or rocket scientist someday because he's just dang smart. He's a super good and nice guy who has worked while going to HS which is something I never did so I think that is amazingly responsible. And apparently he also "gets all the chicks."
I don't know my NeIL (Nephew-in-law) T really well but so far he gets good-husband-props for gracefully enduring several large family events w/ a smile. Plus my niece still not only loves but likes him alot and I think that speaks volumes.
Lastly my niece S is also a HS working girl who manages to be fun and cute while doing just about every extra curricular activity she can put reigns or dancing shoes on.
ALL of them make me forget about how yucky the world can be and how hard it is to grow up in this time period with all the drugs, immoral life styles, general laziness, irresponsibility and apathy, not to mention the nasty, selfish, disrespectful attitudes that are popular among young adults and I'm just proud of my nieces and nephews and the people they are all growing in to and think they are amazing and brave and good and strong and I hate this word but they all are truly NICE.
6 comments:
randa, thank you for expressing that your proud of all of us.. especially me.. its something that i needed to hear... read.ive been having some hard times lately.. love you. cam
We LOVE you Randa- Love, "J" and "B" :)
oh randa. i love u. i always remember when i used to sleep in ur bed and watch snl and when u took me to the "heck" hole and we went to arbys and u did something really funny going thru the drive thru? I dont remember what u said but I just remember laughing so hard. hah and when you would tell me all ur boy drama. i felt so special. u r a great aunt and i have so many fun memories w u. love u.
ps. i pretty much cried my eyes outh thru this whole post. thanks alot. :)
You are obviously loved as well, Randa. I think some of your nieces are pretty awesome too. (the ones I know)
hey randa, i am making a comment on a early entry.... about the whole judging and feeling like crap about self and all. i believe that everyone goes thru that sometime in their life and as selfish as it sounds it's nice to have someone who feels the same. it is good that you are feeling better about it and hopefully i can find that peace for me!! love ya girl, miss ya!
Post a Comment