It's amazing how when one small thing clicks in your brain you can apply it to everything. The concept in my prior post also applies to house cleaning. I am the WORST housekeeper ever in the history of houses. My philosophy has always been that after the everyday basics were done I would do "extra" projects. The thing is the everyday basics are never ALL done at the same time. On some magical days I would have the dishes done, floors cleaned, laundry under control, and bathrooms sparkling. And still my house was "dirty." I would think of the garage, the office, the fridge, the master bedroom, the rats nest that is our back yard and feel like such a loser because "everyone else's house is always clean." The last week or so I have done a couple of projects that I wouldn't have done w/o doing the other regular stuff first and the general condition of my house today isn't any worse for doing so AND I have a clean car and fridge. OK now I'm really done with this comparison-to-others topic. I think.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
A SAHM's Priorities
It's amazing how when one small thing clicks in your brain you can apply it to everything. The concept in my prior post also applies to house cleaning. I am the WORST housekeeper ever in the history of houses. My philosophy has always been that after the everyday basics were done I would do "extra" projects. The thing is the everyday basics are never ALL done at the same time. On some magical days I would have the dishes done, floors cleaned, laundry under control, and bathrooms sparkling. And still my house was "dirty." I would think of the garage, the office, the fridge, the master bedroom, the rats nest that is our back yard and feel like such a loser because "everyone else's house is always clean." The last week or so I have done a couple of projects that I wouldn't have done w/o doing the other regular stuff first and the general condition of my house today isn't any worse for doing so AND I have a clean car and fridge. OK now I'm really done with this comparison-to-others topic. I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
have you been getting in my head again??
Post a Comment