Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Brinner

SO when we first got married I would ask Spencer if he wanted to have breakfast for dinner (in my family we would do that once in a while). He first would respond politely that that didn't sound good. The next couple of times I asked he would say something like "Who has breakfast for dinner??" So I soon gave up on that and haven't really considered it for like 4 years.

Anyway a couple of weeks ago we were watching SCRUBS, which we don't watch real often but Spencer used to LOVE the quirky humor of J.D. & especially Turk. The whole episode was basically about Turk getting his wife to make "Brinner." And after the show was over Spencer looks at me and says, "Why don't we ever have breakfast for dinner?"

Oy.

4 comments:

Spencer said...

First of all I checked my journal (which is amazingly stored inside my brains) - we never had a 'brinner' discussion when we were first married. I fear that you are spreading unfounded rumors which may harm my reputation of a street hardened chimney sweep. If you really think about it 'brinner' really isn't breakfast for dinner, it's eating sausage and/or bacon for dinner which in itself is a wholesome nutritious meal and following it with a cake like desert that was cooked in a pan.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Matt is very opposed to brinner. The only time he is okay with it is if it's all out: potatoes, eggs, bacon, and other filling stuff.

I love biscuits and gravy. We'd have that for dinner growing up. It is not an acceptable dinner (or breakfast) in his opinion.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow. I have literally had the same conversation with my husband. He often looks at me in disgust when I even mention the possibility. When I was growing up, we though it was a real treat to have breakfast for dinner. You guys are like our mirror image couple...scary.

Patsy said...

All I can say Spencer is that you are a typical man. Your idea, great idea. Laughter is the best medicine and I've had a hearty dose today. Funnie!