Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's not OK to go meatless sometimes

Also I signed up for a chili cook-off thing thinking I wasn't entering to win, just to contribute to the Halloween "trunk or treat" party in the neighborhood. So I told Spencer that I was just going to make my black bean chili (which is actually Westbrae Natural's recipe on the back of their chili bean can, but I use black beans instead because I like them).

"That's not chili," he says.

"Well the recipe says it's chili," I say.

"No chili has meat. And chilies."

So what I'm coming to is this. Does anyone have a yummy and easy (I'm challenged that way) recipe to share so my husband is not embarrassed of my non-chili chili?

6 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

If you like the taste of yours, just use your recipe and add some browned ground beef to it.

But if you really want a new recipe, I have a pretty easy one I can email ya.

randa_joy said...

Yeah, email me your recipe!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

It is always a relief. It is amazing how it all works. I don't feel a thing and yet the little guy is just growing and developing. It is a miracle.

Becky said...

Hey thanks for your comments! I am going to the store today to get a humidifier and hopefully that will help some.

I am bringing chili to the ward thing too, but I agree that adding meat and whatever else to the recipe that you like is the way to go.

The Sanderson Family said...

Hey Randa! How are you doing? Where are you living? I was happy to come across your blog! It looks like you are doing well! Good luck with your chili cook off! Too bad its not a lemonade stir off or something. He He! Remember all those times we had a lemonade stand in front of your house? That was fun! Wow! That was a good 20 years ago...we are old!! :)
Sharee Baldwin Sanderson

Stacy said...

I say go meatless - I'll eat it. I support you.