Thursday, October 30, 2008
Not sleepy mmmommmyyyy...
Oh the eye roll!!! Not the 12 year old version but the sleepy baby one. It kills me. I don't often get to watch her fall all the way asleep or even sneak into her room and watch her sleep because she's never been one to do that in the presence of anyone, unless she has been sleep deprived for days. So since her very first nursings I have been in love with the eye roll. I don't know if every baby does this but with Addie it's like this relieved, blissful, glazed-over roll of the eyes into the back of her head. Maybe this sounds weird or gross to those unfamiliar with this expression but to me it is the sweetest thing. She does it when she's tired and I give her a very rare milk bottle (yes I baby her and I can if I want to), or when I let her have her "plug" after a long hard day without it, but my favorite is when she does it when I'm singing her a song and stroke her little cheeks or caress her arms and tummy. It makes me feel magical. I know that eye roll will eventually turn into an expression of irritation but for now I'm just holding on to every trace of baby that's left in her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so sweet! I totally know what you mean. But it has to be even sweeter when its a rare occasion with a little one who fights sleep. I am getting lots of eye rolls right now and I will have to cherish them a bit more. I love your writing.
randa--what a sweet mom. addie is so lucky. just when you think your baby is never going to grow up, the baby is gone---------just rare glimpses of what was. too precious.
my favorite thing is the sleep smile. cracks me up. how cute.
Post a Comment