Sunday, October 19, 2008

What I've been up to

Here’s an uninteresting factoid. Spencer and I had to talk in church today. We have known about it since I think Labor Day and were originally supposed to talk about a month ago but then there was something else that came up and they bumped us out another month. I have been totally stressed out for 2 months, especially the last week the anxiety has all but strangled me. Anyway I read my talk word for word because my mind is a sieve when I am in front of anyone. Not even a sieve, it’s more like an open-ended cylinder and I am lucky that I retain the ability to read, which I did. And I did it in spite of my other performance-induced-Parkinson-like symptoms including cotton mouth that leaves my upper lip glued to my upper teeth, and my 7.9 sized tremors.
Now, thankfully, I think my digestive and nervous systems should go back to normal and I can focus on more important things. Like blogging, Halloween costume(s), and painting my living room, which I finally chose colors for and by colors of course I mean beige and beige. Because lets face it, there is not enough beige in the Valley of the Sun or in my life. It just had to be done. Choosing a beige though is enormously difficult. Do you know how many types of beige there are? I didn’t want it to be too red or too green or too yellow or too blue or to not be friendly toward my green that I am in love with. Don’t let my third-world-messy house and piles of laundry fool you. I got tons done this week.

Note: Included links are talks that my talk today was based on. They're good!

2 comments:

n!c said...

I think you did a great job!!!

Kim Skinner said...

If I would have seen you after sacrament meeting, I would have stopped you to tell you what a great job you guys did. You had my attention the whole time (hard to do) and I enjoyed your funny-ness.