I was lying in bed, thinking about my grandma, and then I started thinking about my Uncle Don who has been gone for I don't know how many years. He came up the other day when I was talking to my mom about the movie "21." I suddenly remembered that he had taught me to play when I was little. Anyway as I was lying in bed I remembered a few other things that I had forgotten. So I wanted to get it down before I forgot again.
He taught me to play 21 and Pinochle. He liked the Yahtzee Chance game. He wore turquoise Jewelry and swished his beverages in his mouth before swallowing. This freaked me out. He had a nick name he would call me... what was it? Firecracker? Knucklehead? Probably both or maybe neither. I think he gave everyone a box of Cherry Cordials at Christmas time. I hate them but if there are some around during the Holidays I have to have one for him and make sure they are still disgusting. He always seemed shower fresh and had sad eyes but a toothy and ready smile. Anyway that's how I remember him.
He taught me to play 21 and Pinochle. He liked the Yahtzee Chance game. He wore turquoise Jewelry and swished his beverages in his mouth before swallowing. This freaked me out. He had a nick name he would call me... what was it? Firecracker? Knucklehead? Probably both or maybe neither. I think he gave everyone a box of Cherry Cordials at Christmas time. I hate them but if there are some around during the Holidays I have to have one for him and make sure they are still disgusting. He always seemed shower fresh and had sad eyes but a toothy and ready smile. Anyway that's how I remember him.
No comments:
Post a Comment