I know it's an Addelyn shrine around here. So? Here are some things that she is up to in this phase. (Note: Some of these things are SO last month because I started this list several weeks ago.)
"I like it" or "I love it" followed by the thing she loves, like milk, candy, outside, gum, Elmo, shows, mama, freem, etc. You must understand that it is said with a colon and not a comma, i.e. "I like it: [marsh] mallows." Update: like and love have been mostly replaced with want and need.
A new one this week is "Way----- a----- minute" long pauses between each word.
For a very long time she has been telling us to "WAKE UP!!!" whenever she is even dissatisfied with the openness of our eyelids or slouching position we are in (this sometimes includes prayer times). In the past few weeks she also started giving us the order to "lax" which is much easier to do.
This one is cute and irritating at the same time. She pleads for ANOTHER book and then I finally give in and start to read and then it's like she gets bored and says "I read it, Mama," and then points at the pictures and tells me what's in them.
Addie is not a veggie eater. Most of the time she won't even eat mashed potatoes. We have more success getting raw veggies to cross the threshold of her lips. She often gnaws on celery, carrots or cucumbers but never swallows. Today she ate an entire baby carrot and didn't spit it out. It's the dawning of a new era. Now watch me make myself a liar and find carrot mulch in some obscure nook or toy orifice in a few days.
One thing that is funny to her is when she or her dad says, "Holy cow" followed by the punch line, "POOP!" I believe this developed from Spencer's reaction during dirty diaper changes. So they will just start it up once in a while like it's a hilarious joke. When mom says it, though, it is SO not funny. I get an unenthusiastic sympathy "ha." And while I'm on the bodily functions topic, I must mention that she has to announce "I toot-ih" almost every single time she does.
She's finally getting what a princess is. Whenever she has or I have a dress on she says "Pincess" in a sort of excited whisper. Just for the record, being called a "Pincess" never gets old.
One day while walking around holding her "camma" she started pretending that the weight of it was pulling her down and she started saying "whoa, whoA, whOA, wHOA, WOAH" and falling down. Now she does it randomly whenever the thought occurs to her. I've never heard her laugh as hard as when her daddy does this with her.
Also this week we learned that it's not so much Elmo that is cool but Mr. Noodle.
5 comments:
Very fun to read. Dean has never liked mashed potatoes. Ever. It's like I'm torturing him if I try to get him to eat them. He used to like sweet potatoes but no longer does.
That camera thing was hilarious.
What a funny girl! Mr. Noodle kinda freaks me out.
i love the WAKE UP during prayer time!
What a JOY she is for you Randa JOY!
Hope you are keeping a journal because, believe it or not after the 2nd or 3rd one you will forget which one did which...
isn't this cute the verification wor id catin, now I'm thinking cat in the hat and etc.
Randa Joy,
I just love your blog. It makes me laugh. Thanks for the compliment on my hair. You are a sweetheart.
Miss you tons and hope all is well.
Love ya,
Bree
Great post, it is good you are keeping track of these things. I wasn't very good about writing stuff down when my boys were little. And we LOVED Mr. Noodle! Elmo always took a back seat to him. My youngest still does not do well with vegetables. At 7 he will eat a few raw carrots, cooked broccoli, corn, mashed potatoes and tomatoes and lettuce only on a sandwich. That's it. And you are right...being called a princess never gets old. Addie is adorable!
Post a Comment